Students living in Mackenzie County can apply for the Mackenzie County Library Board Bursary to support part-time or full-time studies. We know the importance of training and educating our local population to succession plan for our libraries. This bursary is open to newly graduated or adult students… it’s never too late to become a librarian!
The usual amount of the bursary is $1,000.00; however both the number and value of bursaries available each year may vary.
How to Apply
- Determine whether you are eligible:
- Courses chosen for this bursary application must relate to library services.
- Either student or immediate family must be living in the Mackenzie County.
- Students enrolled in part-time studies will be eligible for a bursary prorated to the number of months studied compared to a full time program.
- Must be enrolled in a post-secondary education or certified trade or on-line institution.
- Must commit to live and work in the Mackenzie region for a six-month period upon graduation of post-secondary education for each bursary received.
- Must be able to demonstrate commitment to community, education, and libraries.
- Download the application.